Tuesday, July 25, 2006

Al-Tapsell

Peter Tapsell, a Tory MP, thought it apt to compare the Israeelee oppression of the Lebanese to "the Nazi atrocity on the Jewish quarter of Warsaw".

Haaretz reports:

Sir Peter Tapsell, a Tory MP, said Tuesday that British Prime Minister Tony Blair was "colluding" with U.S. President George W. Bush in giving Israel the okay to wage "unlimited war" in Lebanon - a war crime he claimed was "gravely reminiscent of the Nazi atrocity on the Jewish quarter of Warsaw."


He hasn't been reading London English and Arabic paper Al-Hayat recently by any chance, in which former columnist Jihad Al-Khazen made a similar comparison, has he?

Memri reports:

"The latest Israeli offensive reminds me of what I read about the Warsaw Ghetto. This was a poor Jewish neighborhood in the Polish capital, which was targeted by the racist Nazis. After the German occupation of Poland in 1939, the Jews in the Ghetto suffered all forms of starvation, deportation and genocide. Some Jewish partisans revolted on April 19, 1943. They shot and threw grenades at German patrols. The Nazis responded by shelling houses block by block and rounding up or killing any Jew they could capture. Significant resistance ended on April 23, and the uprising ended on May 16.

2 Comments:

Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

1:22 PM  
Blogger Askinstoo said...

Hi, i was looking over your blog and didn't
quite find what I was looking for. I'm looking for
different ways to earn money... I did find this though...
a place where you can make some nice extra cash secret shopping.
I made over $900 last month having fun!
make extra money

1:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home